1. We appreciate all your game reviews on Steam!

Manifesto Old enemies can forgive and forget

Discussion in 'Diplomacy' started by Ramses, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Ramses

Ramses Squire Community Champion

In-Game Class:
    1h Shield
    The downpour had drummed away at the tent for most of a day. The thunderous beat relentlessly continued, only masked by an equal rumble inside. Accusations of murder, mutilation and manslaughter had been shared, but also mutual remarks of respect. Respect for the fallen, respect for the bravery of the soldiers, respect for the manifest tenacity of both sides.

"Alas, this is what making peace sounds like" I thought to myself.

Amidst the occupants of the tent sat the stout King at his table. The contract layed out before him, its contents being discussed all around him. He seemed to be in a deep state of thinking, without minding the turmoil around him. What went through his mind right at that moment? I'll never know. Was his dignity too hurt, or was he able to set aside pride in favour of peace?

Suddenly, an iron-mailed fist smashed into the table and ensured a silence. "We'll do it" his deep voice rumbled with a somewhat German accent. Some mumbling followed. The King stod up, reaching his hand out towards me. For a moment I hesitated, but then grapped and shook his hand.

"Good! You there, boy, Sheenkie! Fetch me my quill and seal, I have a contract to sign!"
    [​IMG]

In a spirit of true cooperation, The Kings Men and The Free Company of Ravensburg have concluded a treaty of mutual mercenary support as detailed above.

Note that this is NOT an alliance, rather an attempt to bring together two factions that were bitter enemies last season. By doing this treaty we prove we mean what we say at the end of every season - that we reset our diplomacy.

Militari(and strategus before it) has a unique ability to create deep and lasting divisions between real people. It is heartening to see TKM be willing to put that behind them and fight alongside former adversaries.

Looking forward to fighting with old enemies in this next season! May it be a good one!

Also all credits for the contract go to Siegbert - soooo well done!

Acri, Peedeoo7, Yak and 5 others like this.
  2. Ferdnand

Ferdnand Peasant Community Champion

In-Game Class:
    1h Shield
    Im happy we came to this agreement, the bards will sing about it for generations!
    time for a feast!

Acri, Ramses, Peedeoo7 and 6 others like this.
  3. Peedeoo7

Peedeoo7 Peasant

In-Game Class:
    Any
    It's nice to see this. Two sides after a bitter conflict later coming together as one. May peace be with you, alongside god women and wine.... speaking of wine.....

Also I'll send a messenger to Acri concerning the wine delivery meanwhile, if of course.... you don't mind...

Acri, Remono and Ramses like this.
  4. Acri

Acri Peasant

In-Game Class:
    2h
    Great misfortune has befallen upon us. Dark clouds and a bad omen lies upon us. This new alliance brings hope though, and it is ver y appreciated in the King's land.

Lord Acri raises the battered and torn banner of TKM once again on the walls of his castle.... "One more time my King....one more time... I shall bring you glory in times of war." he mumbles...while holding and squeezing a necklace given to him by a daughter of a beggar.

"forgive me, dear" - Acri