1. We appreciate all your game reviews on Steam!

It was fun while it lasted.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ouki, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Ouki

Ouki Moderator Moderator

In-Game Class:
    2h
    As Im sure you all have heard, OKAM development will be finished most likely by the end of the month due to funding and probably a bunch of other reasons. The official servers will go down on Tuesday and it'll probably be taken of off steam aswell.

A sad day for myself personally, as I had gotten involved with the game a long time ago and got the opportunity to be an admin in-game aswell, im sure its the same with most of the community who had invested so much time into the project in the hope it would succeed. Id like to thank all those for sticking around for so long, but I think we all knew that this day would come eventually, we just didnt want to admit it.

For the most part the game was enjoyable even when all the players left, but some of the best hours I spent gaming was in those early days of launch at the end of August 2016 when there was servers full of players and everyone was enjoying the game and waiting with anticipation for the epic mode to come. When it didnt, it marked the end of the game before it really even got a chance to begin.

Fair play to the current devs for coming into this game in January and sticking with it for so long after it had already died, I think its fair to say they were fighting a uphill battle from the start. And I do appreciate the work they put into making the game better and for putting up with the community for so long. I think they deserve a thanks from everyone and I wish them luck in their future endeavours.

I think there will be one last event on Monday before the official servers go down and Id like to invite everyone to that, for one last battle before we put the game to rest, yes it will be a funeral. To some of us, Of Kings and Men became much more than a simple game, it became part of our daily life, which is definitely something id never got out of a game before.

If anyone sets up private servers along with this community version the devs are going to put out for us who are still interested id be up for playing whenever but if not, I guess I'll see you all in bannerlord, whenever that comes out lol Thanks for reading!

Randwig, Tobi, Yak and 4 others like this.
  2. Emrys

Emrys Peasant

In-Game Class:
    Any
    It still for sale? People still buy when it is known game taken down soon?

Why no announce on the Steam? Stop people buy if this is known? Until recent steam discussion encourage the people buy, messages still current.

3. Siegbert

Siegbert Squire Community Champion

In-Game Class:
    2h
    Should go down today.

4. Randwig

Randwig Squire Community Champion

In-Game Class:
    Any
    Why is there no official anouncement in this forum???
    Come on @pogosan let it die with dignity.
    Thanks to all who made this as fun as it was.