1. Welcome to our new forums, Guest!

Combat Basic team fighting guide

Discussion in 'Guides and Help' started by Ouki, Jul 14, 2017 at 2:33 PM.

1. Ouki

Ouki Moderator Moderator

In-Game Class:
    2h
    Some simple tips anyone can follow to try and improve their team fighting ability.

- Keep your opponent in between your teammates, try to not go directly behind the enemy as your sword will hit your teammate first. So try stay at their sides, moving to block them off from escaping

- Use your swings effectively, use overheads and stabs to avoid clashing with teammates when in big groups, however if both are at each side, side swings from that way can work really well as the enemy wont be able to block both, but be careful, its risky as you may end up hitting your teammate. With shield the upper left and right diagonals work well. Try keep your timing in check and be careful not to spam as your enemy can quickly step out from you which will result in a team hit.

- Footwork is key in keeping your enemy trapped and moving in and out of the way of your team mates. Keep aiming to stay on their side and not stick too close too your teammates as you might end up getting in their way. And remember this is not a duel, using footwork to manoeuvre and get to their sides will only hinder your team mate too.

- Awareness is an important asset, fighting in situations like 2v3+ etc means you need to be aware on where your enemies and team mates are and knowing what attack you need to block and avoid.

- Target switching, most likely the most important thing about working as a team. When you utilise all the above techniques to make room for both yourself and your teammate to team. When target switching, its best to quickly turn and back up your teammate with catching their enemy of guard rather than trying to 1v1 your own. Escape from his range and turn and help your mate so they can kill their target quicker and help you with yours and vise versa. In 2v3+ situations target switching is your best chance at winning. Watch each others backs, dont get in the way and finally dont be greedy and go for the kill yourself. Be calm and pick the best target to hit so you can turn a 2v6 into a 2v1.

If you feel I missed any other basic tips let me know and ill add them in. As stated this is a simple guide with not a lot of indepth techniques to use, hopefully itll help newer players or those who feel their team working is lacking a lot more.

Creuzet, Ramses and pogosan like this.
  2. Ramses

Ramses Peasant Community Champion

In-Game Class:
    1h Shield
    Team fighting is such a complicated topic, but I think you cover the most important aspects.

I have an unfinished video guide on ganking I need to finish!

3. Ouki

Ouki Moderator Moderator

In-Game Class:
    2h
    Yup :D Still looking forward to it

Ramses likes this.